Welcome to the South African Haemophilia Foundation
These web pages are part of our commitment to promote the welfare of all persons with haemophilia and similar conditions in South Africa and elsewhere. We hope it will help provide a better understanding of this inherited, lifelong bleeding disorder.
We welcome your comments. Please contact the Haemophilia Foundation by e-mail, or write to us at P O Box 172, Plumstead, Cape Town, 7801, South Africa.
Deon York, WFH Board of Directors Lay member, talks about the wide range of multidisciplinary specialities—and the importance of the patient track—at the WFH Virtual Summit from June 14 to Friday June 19, 2020 Register here
What to expect:
- Inspiring keynotes and dozens of concurrent sessions
- Professional multidisciplinary tracks for nurses, as well as psychosocial, dental, lab sciences and musculoskeletal practitioners
- Pre-summit events, workshops, and late-breaking sessions
- Interactive ePoster sessions, the WFH State-of-the-Art Book and the Book of Abstracts
- Mindfulness exercise breaks
What is the WFH Virtual Summit?
The WFH Virtual Summit is a series of FREE live and recorded sessions that will take place from June 14 to 19, 2020 and will allow you to connect with the community and increase your knowledge from the comfort of your home or office. All sessions will be recorded and available for viewing later.
Join us for a high-profile six-day virtual event
The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) is committed to bringing the bleeding disorders community together in the name of Treatment for All. This commitment is especially important during the COVID-19 crisis. In June 2020, we will be bringing our community together virtually. Register here
- Do I have a higher risk to get COVID-19 if I have Haemophilia ?
- Do people with Haemophilia have a weakened immune system?
- Does treatment with Haemophilia medication increase the risk of coronavirus infection?
- What should I do to avoid the infection?
- Adhere to all the advised policies of washing of hands, wearing masks and using hand sanitizers correctly and ensure social distancing.
- What should I […]