Welcome to the South African Haemophilia Foundation
These web pages are part of our commitment to promote the welfare of all persons with haemophilia and similar conditions in South Africa and elsewhere. We hope it will help provide a better understanding of this inherited, lifelong bleeding disorder.
We welcome your comments. Please contact the Haemophilia Foundation by e-mail, or write to us at P O Box 172, Plumstead, Cape Town, 7801, South Africa.
WFH Virtual Summit – Connecting the Global Bleeding Disorders Community
This series of live and recorded sessions will take place from Sunday, June 14 to Friday June 19, 2020 and will allow you to connect with the community and increase your knowledge from the comfort of your home. The approximate time slot will be 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Glen Pierce talks about the three sessions that will be streamed on Von Willebrand disease (VWD), a genetic disorder caused by missing or defective von Willebrand factor (VWF), a clotting protein. Register here
Deon York, WFH Board of Directors Lay member, talks about the wide range of multidisciplinary specialities—and the importance of the patient track—at the WFH Virtual Summit from June 14 to Friday June 19, 2020 Register here
What to expect:
- Inspiring keynotes and dozens of concurrent sessions
- Professional multidisciplinary tracks for nurses, as well as psychosocial, dental, lab sciences and musculoskeletal practitioners
- Pre-summit events, workshops, and late-breaking sessions
- Interactive ePoster sessions, the WFH State-of-the-Art Book and the Book of Abstracts
- Mindfulness exercise breaks